Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Path of Paths

"You must always keep in mind that a path is only a path. Each path is only one of a million paths. If you feel that you must now follow it, you need not stay with it under any circumstances. Any path is only a path. There is no affront to yourself or others in dropping a path if that is what your heart tells you to do. But your decision to keep on a path or to leave it must be free of fear and ambition. I caution you: look at every path closely and deliberately. Try it as many times as you think necessary. Then ask yourself and yourself alone this one question. Does this path have a heart? All paths are the same. They lead nowhere. They are paths going through the brush or into the brush or under the brush of the Universe. The only question is: Does this path have a heart? If it does, then it is a good path. If it doesn’t, then it is of no use."

- Carlos Castaneda
Anthropologist / Author
(1925 - 1998)

5 comments:

Roy Money said...

Useful words of wisdom as we each try to navigate our unique circumstances and journeys. It can be as challenging and important to stay on an existing path as to switch to another intersecting path but careful discernment is the key.

Anonymous said...

There is so much freedom in this... a path is only a path, and the best path is the one with a heart.

Joy Mystic said...

Hi Andi, I've been looking for images that can reflect a post I've been working on for sometime but with no success. Then I found your interview on "One stop poetry". I found your work especially "Swirls, Whorls, and Tendrils" something that speaks to me though I need more time with your work to talk more about that.

After quick scan of your work, I decided to ask your permission to use your photos on my post with full credit and links back. Then I stumbled upon this latest blog post about Carlos Castaneda. Well, see for yourself why I said that - http://www.willtoknow.com/journey-of-a-vagabond-mystic/

I hope you will allow me to use your work on this post. Still if you prefer not, I'll take it down immediately. Thanks in advance!

Andy Ilachinski said...

Joy, thank you for stopping by and for asking permission; I appreciate that. Please feel free to keep the images posted (and thank you for the attribution and loink back). Interesting coincidence about paths that have heart? ;-) You have a beautiful post BTW.

Hari Bhagirath said...

Great! Path is just a manifestation of a soul that animates the heart. When the path is justified for the balance of the universe it exhibits the goodness to prevail and coexist.