Sunday, February 21, 2016

Between Something and Nothing


“Now, I am going to tell you something.
I don’t know what heading it comes under, 
and whether or not it is relevant here,
but it must be relevant at some point. 

It is not anything new, but I would like to say it. 

There is a beginning. There is no beginning of that beginning. 

There is no beginning of that no beginning of beginning.

 There is something. There is nothing. 

There is something before the beginning of something and nothing, 
and something before that. Suddenly there is something and nothing. 

But between something and nothing, 
I still don’t really know which is something and which is nothing.  

Now, I’ve just said something, 
but I don’t really know whether I’ve said anything or not.” 

- Chuang-Tzu (4th century BC)

No comments: